Scheer Rowlett Canadian Equity Strategy
- Focused, value-oriented approach
- Consistency of people and process
- Consistent long-term performance
- Invest in a diversified portfolio of Canadian equity securities
- Maximize long-term total returns
- Beat the S&P/TSX Composite Index by 2% per year on average over rolling 4-year periods
- Deliver superior risk-adjusted returns in up and down markets
- Good value never goes out of style
- Invest for the long-term using rigorous fundamental analysis
- Buy good companies at discounted valuations
- Deliver superior risk-adjusted returns in both up and down markets
- Fundamental value manager – seeks companies whose true intrinsic value has not been accurately reflected in its stock price.
- Disciplined four-stage process:
- Value screening
- Industry outlook
- Company analysis
- Fair value estimates
- Bottom-up security selection favours companies with:
- Strong or improving earnings
- Healthy financial positions
- Proven management
- Strict sell discipline is integral to process.
- Risk controls include formal security, sector and market capitalization parameters.
- Portfolio scrutinized to guard against unintended risks and to ensure optimal balance between risk and return.